In conjunction with the Horry County Police Department, the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce can administer Project Lifesaver/GPS tracking bands for children with Autism who are “runners.” Please note there are a limited number of bands available. Following is the procedure to obtain a band:
- Families in need of a Project Lifesaver band must go to the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce (MBACC) location at 1200 N. Oak St, Myrtle Beach
- To obtain the bracelet, hours of operation are 8:30am-5pm, Monday through Friday, Saturdays 10am-2pm.
- Fill out paperwork, provide your credit card number and valid ID.
- If the Chamber is closed when a bracelet needs to be returned, you must go to the Myrtle Beach Police Department, 1101 N Oak St. and leave the bracelet there.
- If the bracelet is not returned, there will be a $350 charge to the credit card, in the name of SOS Healthcare, Inc., to cover the cost of the bracelet.
- If a family would like to reserve a band, they may do so by contacting the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce during normal business hours at 843-626-7444.