Surfside Beach SC, April 1, 2022 The SkyWheel Myrtle Beach will Light it up Yellow, Blue and Red every Saturday through the month of April to acknowledge Autism Awareness Month and the efforts of Champion Autism Network to help support people living with autism.
Sean Bailey of the SkyWheel Myrtle Beach says, “The team at Champion Autism Network does so much to bring awareness about autism and create accessible events and resources for everyone in our community. SkyWheel Myrtle Beach is honored to shine its lights yellow, blue and red to honor CAN every Saturday in April.”
Other events during the month include:
- Ripley’s Aquarium Sensory Friendly event from 9-11 on World Autism Awareness Day, April 2nd.
- Brews to Benefit, Tanger Outlets Hwy 17 Tuesday, April 5th, from 5-7pm at Tidal Creek Brewery Kiosk
- EVOLVE Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Employing People with autism, April 6th from 9-11am ET. Attend in person at the MBACC board room or virtually via Facebook live. Register here: https://web.myrtlebeachareachamber.com/events/EVOLVE-Series-Autism-Inclusive-Workplaces-6998/details
- Sensory Friendly Movie – Sonic 2, 10 am April 9th
- Bowling Birthday Bash, 11-1 April 10th
- CAN Family Dinner, 5-7 pm April 10th
- Sensory Friendly Family Fun Day at Myrtle Beach State Park April 12th. Registration required if you would like lunch.
- Sensory Friendly Easter Egg hunt, sponsored by the Town of Surfside Beach, 10am, April 16th
- Sensory Friendly Firehouse, hosted by Surfside Beach Fire Department, 10:30-12 April 16th
- Sensory Friendly Jump at Big Air, 10-11 am April 24th
See all events, donate and more: https://www.facebook.com/CANMyrtleBeachSC/events/?ref=page_internal
“We are honored and blessed to serve locals and tourists living with autism and the ongoing support of the business community and grateful for them sharing and spreading autism awareness and acceptance,” Becky Large, Champion Autism Network Executive Director